Monday, May 11, 2009

1 Week Old


Today Cora and I took our first trip out of the house and into town for her first doctors appointment. Josh went back to work this week so he met us there. Her doctor looked really young and I know she's a new doctor which I like because that means she's fresh and up-to-date on things. I really liked her. Cora's head measured 13 1/2 in., she is now 20 in. long and she weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. So even though she only eats for about 5 minutes each time, she's getting enough to eat because she's putting on weight. She was 7 lbs. 4 oz the day we went home from the hospital.
Cora has a hematoma (bruise) on her head from when she was in the birth canal and pushed up against my pelvic bone. The doctor said it's soft now but could become calcified and harder but it will go away within a few months. Cora also woke up this morning with yellow goo in her right eye so the doctor took a swab to make sure it's not an infection. She said that babies are born without tear ducts so until they are developed, she may have this problem. She gave us a prescription for some eye ointment. She verified my suspicion that Cora has a small umbilical hernia but she said that it will go away and it's nothing to worry about.
So Cora is in great health and she'll go back when she's 1 month old.

No comments: