Monday, January 5, 2009

23 Week Appointment

This morning I went to my 23 week appointment. I weighed 146 lbs. so I gained 8 lbs since last month and gained a total of 13 lbs. so far. My blood pressure was 106 over 60. That's low but its better than high and pregnancy can cause your blood pressure to go down. The baby's heartbeat was 141 and I measured 24 cm. I asked the midwife if I was too small because I feel like my belly isn't very big. She said that I'm right on target and because I'm tall and have a long torso that I won't show as much. We talked about some of my options for a birth plan. I don't want to be strapped to a bed with an IV. I might consider the water birth or at least laboring some in the tub. I don't want an epidural either. At the next appointment I have to have the glucose test. After that appointment I will start going every two weeks. I also have to start looking at birthing classes and pediatricians. So all in all everything looks great and I feel great. Josh has been working on the baby's room. The room has two closets that need painted and shelves and rods hung. The outlets also need replaced but other than that her room will be ready. We still can't agree on a name. The name I love Josh hates but he hasn't come up with any names he likes. Hopefully we will know when we see her precious face.

1 comment:

Mrs. Pabst, Mrs. Tegtmeyer, & Mrs. Valenti-Ferris said...

Girl - why do you keep me waiting? I want to hear how you're doing and see the belly progression. I was also thinking about what I want to get you/her for your shower:)