Monday, February 16, 2009

29 weeks

Josh and I went to my 29 week doctors appointment today and everything looks good still. I weighed 154.6 and my blood pressure was 119 over 67. The baby's heartbeat was about 138. My glucose test from two weeks ago looked really good too, 74. 130 would mean diabetes. The midwife said I'm still measuring right on schedule. That made me feel good because I still feel small. But she again explained that it's because I have a long torso. I asked her if she could tell what position the baby was in and she said yes. The baby's head is down with her back towards my left side and her legs towards my right side which explains why I always feel movement on the right side. She also gave me two water birth videos to watch. Josh is hestitant to watch them but I explained that it would be better for us to be prepared for what will happen so he doesn't freak out when it actually does happen. I'm excited to watch them. The midwife also explained how the baby doesn't actually take a breath until they hit room tempurature air. So if the head is out and you wait until the next contraction to push the shoulders out, the baby will be okay and not "drown". So everything is still great and I still feel great. I haven't slowed down at all or been unable to do anything I wouldn't normally do. This weekend I'm finally going to register.

No comments: